Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time To Start Planning for This Year's Tournament

Greetings players, I hope your 2009 is off to a good start. It's April, so time now to start planning for this years event. The DFW team will be hosting the tournament this year and we are targeting the month of October to hold the tournament. Please vote on the weekend you prefer (see the poll on the blog).

Our charity will once again be the Make - A - Wish foundation.

As to the venue, I have scoped out the following 5 golf courses and here is my preference starting with 1 being highest and 5 lowest. I welcome any comments you may have relative to location of play. Priorities under consideration include: Location (attempt to stay in the Central North DFW corridor (border is I-35W to the west and Hwy 75 to the east); Price, attempt to stay under $90 per golfer per round ( including the charity donation); Difficulty, attempt to keep the slope, distance and par ratings within reason for all golfers. Please click on the link to go to the club's home page

  1. The Golf Club at Frisco Lakes - I've played this now a couple of times and find the layout fantastic.
  2. The Trails of Frisco - Excellent Layout, I thoroughly enjoyed my outing there.
  3. Bridlewood - Located in Flower Mound, excellent D.A. Weibring Layout
  4. Indian Creek - Lakes Course in Carrollton - Challenging course with a lot of fun holes
  5. Twin Creeks - Allen, Texas - Another good track with a challenging layout

Finally, we need more players. Robert and I would really like to get 12 committed players per side for this year. The tournament benefits greatly from increased numbers and I encourage all of our legacy players to reach out to at least one other friend or associate about playing.

Robert and I will have more information to you all shortly, so start tuning up that swing!


Best regards,
Dennis Sherrard

No comments: